13 June 2010, Awasa - Cattle grazing on the banks of Ziway Lake. FAO-EU Project: OSRO/RAF/606/NET - Immediate support to agro-pastoral communities as a drought mitigation response.
* Coordination aiming at providing effective operational guidance to ensure efficacy in emergency operations;
* Immediate support to pastoral communities through herd survival actions as a drought mitigation response and in particular through strategic animal production and health measures;
* Mitigating drought effects by creating agro-pastoral units in Djibouti;
* Promotion of pastoral drought resilience through rehabilitation of existing public infrastructure, particularly water-points, to facilitate movement of stocks and enable drought-time grazing; and
* Livestock information and Early Warning Systems.